Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mark Mcguire's forgiveness two-step

5 years. In 5 years a newborn develops language, social skills and not a few bumps and scraps along the way. In 5 years I started and finished my dissertation. You can do a lot in 5 years. I don't know what else Mark Mcguire did during his last 5 years except one thing- hold his apology close to his chest. Maybe Mcguire should have watched pbs' show -this emotional life' 5 years ago (hypothetically speaking since the show only aired this week), because he would have heard that scientists are linking holding on to resentment and the lack of forgiveness to heart disease. 5 years of resenting, 5 years of wanting to tell the truth, 5 years of building really bad arteries in his heart. I wish Mark Mcguire all the best. I especially wish for him the ability to be able to forgive and ask for forgiveness in the moment- when it happens, when your words or actions are still ringing in your ears and in your heart. I pray that for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment